NOTE: Scroll through events via your browser’s SCROLL BAR on the right.
In 2018, in partnership with CDG CARE and NGLY1.org, the ninth annual Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute's Rare Disease Day Symposium will focus on Congenital
In 2018, in partnership with CDG CARE and NGLY1.org, the ninth annual Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute’s Rare Disease Day Symposium will focus on Congenital Disorders of Glycosylation and Deglycosylation. This joint scientific and family symposium will be held February 23-25, 2018 at The Dana Hotel on Mission Bay in San Diego, CA, with the scientific session on February 23-24, and the family session on February 25. All are encouraged to attend both sessions.
SCIENTIFIC TOPICS WILL INCLUDE:
- PMM2-CDG: Overview, Models and Therapies
- Other Glycosylation Disorders: Models and Therapies
- NGLY1: A Disorder of Deglycosylation
FAMILY TOPICS WILL INCLUDE:
- Education on the science behind this class of disorders
- Resources available for patients and families
- Interventional and therapeutic approaches
SCIENTIFIC AND FAMILY MEETINGS WILL BE BRIDGED BY THREE INTERACTIVE EVENTS:
- A poster session on Friday evening—a new opportunity for scientists to present emerging research in Glycobiology.
- SBP’s innovative doctor-is-in session, where physicians and scientists meet with small groups of like-minded family members in a round-robin format, on Saturday afternoon.
- Family/Scientist Networking time on Saturday evening.
To learn more about the symposium and family conference, including confirmed speakers and topics, review the preliminary agenda and event information packet, both available for download above. Please note that speakers and topics are subject to change. To facilitate communication between the scientific and family communities, all participants are encouraged to attend the full symposium.
february 23 (Friday) - 25 (Sunday)
The Southern California WIB chapter invites you to join members for a relaxed morning of beach yoga. Perfect for our new WIB members, those thinking about joining, or anyone looking
The Southern California WIB chapter invites you to join members for a relaxed morning of beach yoga. Perfect for our new WIB members, those thinking about joining, or anyone looking to meet fellow professionals in the SoCal Biotech community. Leading our session will be Randy Engler. Randy took up the study of yoga when inclination and circumstances met to foster curiosity and exploration into these practices. Trained in Hatha yoga (RYT 200) in the styles of Iyengar and Vinyasa, Randy stresses individual expression and safety in his own practice and in the classes he guides. Light refreshments will be provided.
This is a FREE event – just show up with your mat and enjoy!
(Saturday) 9:30 am - 11:30 am
Networking, Presentations, and Exhibits FDA Speaker Confirmed! Technical Session - Combination Products Red, White, and Blue Theme: "Show your Colors" (participate in Best-Dressed contest) Gourmet Buffet, Wine and Beer,
- Networking, Presentations, and Exhibits
- FDA Speaker Confirmed!
- Technical Session – Combination Products
- Red, White, and Blue Theme: “Show your Colors” (participate in Best-Dressed contest)
- Gourmet Buffet, Wine and Beer, Cash Bar
- Raffle Prizes
- Transportation will be provided from San Diego, Los Angeles, and Thousand Oaks
Who Should Attend
Professionals from the life science, drug, and cosmetic industries involved with development, manufacture, testing, quality control, and distribution of regulation products.
All Day (Wednesday)